Friday, August 9, 2019

Q OF SUBLIME HYPOMANIA IN DENYS?

Q OF SUBLIME HYPOMANIA IN DENYS?

Denys impresses me as REPETITIVE, and the "great logic" of which other commentators on Denys speak (notably Andrew Louth et al.) strikes me differently for the reads-- Englishly several times-- Greekly in slow coming once and hither in parts-- the notion of the singsong that emerges strikes me as it would a mental health professional,
                                                    as something like idee fixe or "overvalued ideation," or even perseveration. . .



<FROM FREUD, GESAMMETLTE WERKE, EARLY, ON "HYSTERIA">

This jibes with the appearance in CD of "clang association" either by end-rhyme (easy to do in Greek, and seemingly designated as a sometime or frequent annoying RHYTHMOS). In translation, the emotional tone is always euphoric (and the book I have about content analysis in mental health--THE-MEASUREMENT-OF-PSYCHOLOGICAL-STATES-THROUG-THE-CONTENT-ANALYSIS-OF-VERBAL-BEHAVIOR by Gottschalk L A and Gleser G C 1969, pp 12-17-- would suggest that even casual analysis can show affect (mood)). And more clearly pointing diagnostically is Denys' positive evaluation of EKSTASIS (in-root like 6X), the "exaltation-word" in Greek (EKPLEETTOO, 1X), and the positive evaluation of drunkenness (METHEE, in-root several times), and "hangover" yes indeed gets positives. These seem like hypomanic or even manic assertions,
                                                                                          yet in reading ON-THE-SUBLIME by Longinus I am led to subtract some of this "diagnosis" as a prospect that "the sublime" so expressed in CD may indeed be a  c u l t u r a l  artifact of habit.

<FOR CLARIFICATION, I HAVE READ CARL WERNIKE'S GRUNDRISS-DER-PSYCHIATRIE, Lesson 15, pp 145-153 on "überwerthigen Ideen,"and as may need my repitition to this point of study, I have the Englished GENERAL-PSYCHOPATHOLOGY of Karl Jaspers, as well as an amount of psychiatric PDFs on overvalued ideas, perseveration, idees fixees, to reinforce a sense that such ideation is a SERIOUS SYMPTOM, but not too specific for any mental disorder;
         more to the point here, however, is my fairly solid learning that PHENOMENOLOGY is what I am interested-in per this study, and our Jaspers only says that his psychopatholical phenomenology refers clinically to CONTENT, where as pure and noetic phenomenology is cocerned but with FORM.

. . . Therefore my assaignment seems to be=> reach for the PHENOMENOLOGY OF FORM IN DENYS; yet when I regard this prospect, I must also factor in my own personal experience with seeming manic (or schiz) manias and hypomanias, and my fixed ideas and-- especially-- fixed ideas that (as Wernike and Jaspers proffer) couple into DELUSION(s).>

SELAH

vernonlynn stephens, sissy

NOTE!! MUCH DOCUMENTATION FOR THIS WORK ON DIONYSIUS CALLED AREOPAGITE IS HELD IN MY (vernonlynn stephens', sissy's) GOOGLE CLASSROOM ON THIS SUBJECT; SEE THIS  H I G H L I G H T E D LINK, PER FAVOUR. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment